POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Electronic organ Eminent Solina P-240 WIP, update : Re: Electronic organ Eminent Solina P-240 WIP, update Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronic organ Eminent Solina P-240 WIP, update
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 3 Jan 2008 16:27:38
Message: <477d534a@news.povray.org>
High!

Alain schrieb:

> The pressboard texture is very convincing. Had to run and compare with
> some actual pressboard, and your version compare favorably.

Surprises me somewhat, it's quite simple:

#declare Pressboard =
texture
{
   pigment
   {
     granite
     color_map
     {
       [0 rgb <0.95, 0.92, 0.76> ]
       [1 rgb <0.76, 0.59, 0.45> ]
     }
     scale 0.01
     turbulence 2
   }
   finish { brilliance 0.09 ambient 0.1 diffuse 1 }
}

and, taking the poor lighting conditions in my parents' home's attic
room into account, with only one small window on a gloomy December
afternoon, with a decrepit CRT monitor slightly out of order (the screen
image is way too green most of the time)... finally, I get a sense for
colours in PoV-Ray!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar