POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : stereoscopic and blur : Re: stereoscopic and blur Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stereoscopic and blur
From: Alain
Date: 2 Jan 2008 09:54:10
Message: <477ba592$1@news.povray.org>
Jan Dvorak nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/02 04:01:
> alphaQuad napsal(a):
>> Crossing Zero Parallax
>> Or fruit of the labor
>>
>> 6.5 hour frame:
>> I'll need about 8 CPUs on this production.
>>
>> Vicky's translate pnt is 2 units in front of zero parallax.
>> Furthest object > 5 million units. With 30/1 dist/eyesep gives this
>> 30-pixel
>> shift. Seemly a maximum shift or you start seeing double if too close.
>> Back about 4 feet and some R/B shades to appreciate this one.
>>
>> Credits:
>> The list of those making this possible, intentionally and otherwise,
>> is getting
>> a bit long. Gave up a long time ago thinking I might get this far on
>> my budget.
>>
>> My thanks,
>> aQ
>>
>> love me hate me burry me ineffective
>> I'd use that but I kinda stole it but twisted it.
>> Oh well too late.

> I find it rather strange to have the planet in the sky level while the
> galaxy is much further.
Opticaly, they are both at "infinity". Any parallax difference between the two
is absolutely negligible, like less than 0.000001 pixel whide, or less than
0.0001 arc second angle. Madeup value that are probably much larger than the
real ones.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you can logically