POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Blobtower example scene : Re: Blobtower example scene Server Time
1 Sep 2024 08:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobtower example scene
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 27 Dec 2007 13:36:00
Message: <4773f090$1@news.povray.org>

> No matter what I do, I can't get cool-looking glass with photons... Oh
> well, time to play some more. Do I need a hundred million photons for
> *something* to be visible??

photon spacing 0.01, max_trace_level 25, made the landscape have spheres
along z instead of x.

#declare Tex1 = material {
   texture {
     pigment {rgbf <0.5,0.7,1.0,1.0>}
     finish {
       conserve_energy
       //specular 1
       //roughness 0.01
       reflection 0.5
     }
   }
   interior{ior 1.2}
}

I can barely see the photons.

I tried reflection {0,1} instead. It shot around five million photons
and it's now rendering at **17 pixels per second** (and getting slower).
Fun!