POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Holiday stereogram (148k jpg) : Re: Holiday stereogram (148k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holiday stereogram (148k jpg)
From: dlm
Date: 22 Dec 2007 08:08:36
Message: <476d0c54$1@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.476b53e2be20955132ce44a40@news.povray.org...
> stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> A lot of people I know can't see these things for some reason. The easiest
> way
> is to focus on something further behind image. I tell people to look at
> the
> wall behind the monitor and let their peripheral vision make out the image
> and
> then slowly move focus back to the monitor. After enough training, they
> can do
> it without looking beyond the monitor first.

Simply brillo!

I am one of those people with great depth perception, but I have great
difficulty merging regular stereo views.
For this however I got it in short order. My technique was quite different
to some suggested above:

Get up really close to the monitor.
Stare through it.
Slowly move your head away to about 1 foot moving sightly from side to side
as you go.
Those edges pop into focus as you go.
Once you have a lock on the 3D picture, its easiest to hold if you keep your
head moving a little.
At this point you can comfortably retreat to your normal viewing position.

Thanks Sam,

DLM