POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Holiday stereogram (148k jpg) : Re: Holiday stereogram (148k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holiday stereogram (148k jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 21 Dec 2007 00:02:40
Message: <476b48f0@news.povray.org>
Spock wrote:
> WOW! Very very nice.  The first time I got a strange variation with
> three (or more) objects, including a skinny one in front and some chubby
> ones behind.  Then I wiggled my eyes a bit to far and lost it.
>
> When I got it back I only had one perfectly formed object, and the 3D
> lock was among the best I've ever experienced.  I had no trouble with
> the illusion that I could reach into my monitor and pick it up.  Love it!

Thank you very much for your input! I was beginning to think the only
reason I saw it so well was because I already knew what to look for. My
brother can't see these things (and thus provide input), unless the
effect is reversed. It is much easier to cross your eyes that it is to
relax them, even though crossing your eyes puts more strain on them.

> If you have time and/or inclination I would really like to see a short
> tutorial (with source) on how this was accomplished so I could do it
> with object(s) of my own design.

I will make this my priority after Christmas shopping, which I will be
doing tomorrow.

> Thanks for posting!

No problem :) (no problem this time, there are so many things I haven't
posted :/ )

> ps:  A long time ago somebody told me that the best way to see one of
> these (for beginners) was to display it on a shiny surface and focus on
> your reflection.  Just a trick to double your focal distance I guess.
> Today I managed to look at something on the wall behind my monitor and
> that worked.

I think I learned with the 'nose to the paper' technique. That was back
in the mid-09s.

Sa,