POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Holiday stereogram (148k jpg) : Re: Holiday stereogram (148k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holiday stereogram (148k jpg)
From: Spock
Date: 20 Dec 2007 22:50:11
Message: <476b37f3$1@news.povray.org>
WOW! Very very nice.  The first time I got a strange variation with
three (or more) objects, including a skinny one in front and some chubby
ones behind.  Then I wiggled my eyes a bit to far and lost it.

When I got it back I only had one perfectly formed object, and the 3D
lock was among the best I've ever experienced.  I had no trouble with
the illusion that I could reach into my monitor and pick it up.  Love it!

If you have time and/or inclination I would really like to see a short
tutorial (with source) on how this was accomplished so I could do it
with object(s) of my own design.

Thanks for posting!

ps:  A long time ago somebody told me that the best way to see one of
these (for beginners) was to display it on a shiny surface and focus on
your reflection.  Just a trick to double your focal distance I guess.
Today I managed to look at something on the wall behind my monitor and
that worked.