POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Holiday stereogram (148k jpg) : Holiday stereogram (148k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Holiday stereogram (148k jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Dec 2007 22:30:04
Message: <476b333c@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,

This afternoon I discovered a way to make stereograms in POV-Ray. A
gray-scale depth image is used for input, and any gray-scale pigment can
be used for the repetitive pattern. Colors are added at the
implementation, near the bottom of the file.

I find it best to view the image at a distance of about three feet from
the monitor.

This image took 2 minutes, 14 seconds to render. Some take longer, some
take less time. The render time for the gray-scale depth image was a
negligible one.

Questions and comments, always welcome~

Sam

Post a reply to this message