POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just in time for Christmas, Hopefully : Re: Just in time for Christmas, Hopefully Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just in time for Christmas, Hopefully
From: Alain
Date: 19 Dec 2007 10:51:27
Message: <47693dff@news.povray.org>
Leef_me nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/18 16:36:
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>
>> When you scale a spherical pattern, all points move acording to the origin.
>> What you need is to use a warp{spherical} after the scaling.
>> Your image_map become:
>> #declare bulb = material {
>>               texture {
>>          pigment { image_map { jpeg "Dime_front.jpg" map_type 0
>> //Use a planar maping
>>           scale 0.01
>> warp{spherical} // Wrap it around the sphere
>>   }
>>     }
>>    }
>> }
>> Now, your image get repeated 100 times around the circumference and 50 times
>> from one pole to the other.
>> --
>> Alain
>
> Thanks Alain but, that doesn't compile; the following does:
>
> #declare bulb = material {
>               texture {
>          pigment { image_map { jpeg "Dime_front.jpg" map_type 0
> //Use a planar maping
>          }
>           scale 0.7
> warp{spherical} // Wrap it around the sphere
> }
>    }
> }
>
> I didn't ask very well, but what I really wanted to do was a a single copy of an
> image, scaled as desired, but still showing the 'bulb' similar to the bulb that
> is closest to the camera.
>
> Leef_me

In that case, just add "once" for the image_map. Now, you use rotate to place
the image where you want it.

--
Alain
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right
through them.