POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows Vista Home Basic : Re: Windows Vista Home Basic Server Time
19 May 2024 16:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows Vista Home Basic
From: Alain
Date: 16 Dec 2007 11:52:58
Message: <476557ea@news.povray.org>
adm123 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/14 12:58:
> I instal POV-Ray in a Windows Vista system and I have a much problems.
>
> 1 - I can't save files with a same name, POV-Ray stop to work.
> 2 - The animation apparently not work. The system is locked and do not appear
> results.
>
> Note- I'm using POV-Ray 3.6 with upgrade 3.7 Beta
>
> Greetings
>
> Thanks

A simple solution:
Install POV-Ray in a custom folder, not in the program files folder as per default.
In Vista, the program files folder is "protected", meaning that you can't change
the files that are there after the installation is completed.
This don't depend on whitch version you have, from home basic to ultimate.

--
Alain
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.