POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Logo : Re: Logo Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logo
From: Yannick Patois
Date: 15 Dec 2007 15:46:10
Message: <47643d12$1@news.povray.org>

> My Finite Structures professor asked me to design a new logo for the CS
> department.  After a little back-and-forth, I came up with something I think
> looks good, and my prof. likes it, but I thought I'd get an outside opinion.
> I have another version in PNG format, with transparency...
> Comments?

This is not a logo.
A logo should be simple enough to be recognizable with a very few
colors, and should be simple enough to be recognized within a few tens
of seconds by the viewer (think of well known brand logo in sportwears,
computer or cars, can you see a single one being a tenth as complex as
your image?).

Your logo should ideally be instantaneously recognizable even being
printed B&W on a mug, engraved in stone, etc.

The logo will have to be used on paper letter printed B&W, on stickers,
etc. It cant be so complex in shape and color moreover on a black
background.

I like your image, this may be a good start point, but it's not a logo.

	Yannick