POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SORGW 2 : Re: SORGW 2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SORGW 2
From: Warp
Date: 14 Dec 2007 16:57:17
Message: <4762fc3d$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if this depiction of Earth's gravity is correct. Earth's
gravity increases as you get closer to it, using the usual formula.
However, once you get inside Earth's surface and start going towards its
center, the gravity decreases until at Earth's center there's zero gravity.

  OTOH, I must admit I don't know what is the common convention for
depicting a gravity well as a plane. Is the plane displaced according to
the strength of the gravity or according to the change in gravity with
respect to the surroundings?