POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Problem: Photons: Crash? : Re: Problem: Photons: Crash? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem: Photons: Crash?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 12 Dec 2007 14:59:27
Message: <47603d9f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Nemesis,

in fact, to talk about the "mirror" effect of the chopper: I developed the
scene file some long time ago. It looks very different with the previous
version of POVRAY (v.3.5), as far as I remember. With version 3.6, the
entire image looks much softer, like an increased radiosity value for
everything. But in addition, the textures just don't look anymore the way
they did. The chopper was supposed to be glossy, yes, but still to show
clearly a color move from light gray (at the bottom) to dark gray (at the
top of the chopper). Now, with version 3.6, the gloss became to a mirror.

I do not want to change too much in the scene file, I prefer to wait how the
final version of POVRAY 3.7 will interpret certain attributes.

Render Farm: can anyone post a link to get more information on that subject?
I might be interested in such a "Render Farm".

Sven Littkowski