POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Electronic organ Eminent Solina P-240 WIP: volume pedal fixed : Electronic organ Eminent Solina P-240 WIP: volume pedal fixed Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Electronic organ Eminent Solina P-240 WIP: volume pedal fixed
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 9 Dec 2007 16:12:50
Message: <475c5a52@news.povray.org>
High!

I tried out Christian's suggestion about rounding the profile ribs of
the   upper pedal face... so I cut off a 0.18 millimetres wide section
of the triangular profile (as shown in the two small images) and
replaced it by a matching cylinder (the math was somewhat tricky due to
lack of training - unfortunately I don't juggle trigonometric formulae
all day...)

But the highlights on the ribs even now show only up at high resolutions
like the 2400 by 1800 image from which the section with the volume pedal
is cut - and even then there is still an interference pattern! Perhaps I
should do it even at 7200 by 5400 pixels, which is roughly the human
eye's resulation (at 1 arcminute with a FOV of 120 by 90 degrees)...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Up In Flames (20 Colours)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '.jpg' (6 KB) Download '.jpg' (6 KB) Download '.jpg' (35 KB)

Preview of image '.jpg'
.jpg

Preview of image '.jpg'
.jpg