POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blobs playing with colours : Re: blobs playing with colours Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blobs playing with colours
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 7 Dec 2007 09:07:50
Message: <475953b6$1@news.povray.org>
Le Fri, 07 Dec 2007 06:23:58 -0600, Mike Raiford a modifié des petits
morceaux de l'univers pour nous faire lire :

> Le_Forgeron wrote:
>
>> Changing the interpolation's method of colours.
>
> I think HSV and XYV have the most natural transitions. Both xxL
> interpolations have an odd dark spot in the blues, presumably because of
> the way luminisoty is calculated. Though the standard RGB interpolation
> isn't without merit.

I believe there is no right choice: it will always depend on the chosen
colours and the expected effect. Every interpolation has its own merit.
Sometimes, for some colours, any interpolation won't be as good as
another.