POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : initial splash : Re: initial splash Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: initial splash
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Dec 2007 12:35:30
Message: <475832e2$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 06:33:10 -0600, Mike Raiford wrote:

> dlm wrote:
>> For those as confused as I am, this image seems to be a follow on from
>> the image thread started by AQ in this NG a month ago - 3 Nov. There
>> were better images of the same scene then, but the current image may be
>> constrained by the obscure requirements of the end user / customer /
>> target audience. This makes for a fascinating study of design process
>> in a group.
>
> I'll go on record here to say I really liked the one with the huge moon,
> and blueish sky. That was a really nice image. It was, of course missing
> the floating poser model...

Yes, I liked that one as well - and in looking over other posts AQ made,
I have to say that I really like the images he's generated in the past,
which is why the drop in quality seems to me to be intentional, but I
cannot for the life of me figure out why he's done that.  I wish he'd
tell us more, because I'm really curious as to what the intention was
with this image.

Jim