POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : initial splash : Re: initial splash Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: initial splash
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 Dec 2007 07:53:19
Message: <4757f0bf$1@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> And before I go there is one more thing.
>
> I just wanted to see the project move along and who better to do it than someone
> with the kind of time I have. Not being a slave to ego affords me this luxury.

It appears that you may have lost the battle with ego ...

> But there are always those who will do anything and everything to stop progress.
> To those competitors I say: Just because you been working with POV since day one

> creativity of a Menorian frigate rat.

What competitors? Where? Was the image for some competition? And you're
absolutely right, I do have the creativity of a Menorian frigate rat. I
know what is aesthetically pleasing to me, though.

> If these twits think I care enough to read their attempt at distraction and
> petty chicken scratch rather than accomplish something, HAH!

I'm not quite sure I understand this statement. What are we attempting
to distract you from? You solicited opinions, you received opinions.
Several don't understand the purpose of the image (including me). I gave
you my opinion of the image under the impression that it was a splash
screen for some custom build of POV-Ray (One that does anaglyphs, I
assume) I didn't think it would work from a design standpoint. I didn't
think it appealed to a wide enough audience. Hence my question about
intended audience, and my remark that it would only appeal to the PFY
(PFY, btw was a reference to the BOFH series, as seen on The Register;
not an insult) crowd, which you took as a personal affront.

You simply cannot expect to come here, be cryptic about what you want
and not be asked to clarify you goals with the image. It's unfortunate
that you feel the community as a whole is working against you, I can
assure you that is not the case.

You asked us to critique an image. Several members offered an honest
critique, you became defensive.

If you cannot take criticism, don't ask for it.