POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why don't you go home? WIP-01 [~170kB] : Re: Why don't you go home? WIP-01 [~170kB] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why don't you go home? WIP-01 [~170kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Dec 2007 03:02:03
Message: <47565afb$1@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht

> Oh, I see. Clearly, the alien needs to talk with his marketing people
> about this
> problem. :)
I believe that the notion of marketing is 'alien' with them. They have much
to learn... the hard way :-)

> I just looked at the link you provided to those retro sci-fi artists - its
> very
> inspiring! Thanks.
Yes, that is an interesting list of artists, some average imo, but also a
few outstanding works.

> I have checked out Apollo and he does look amazing, and like you said,
> many
> morphs for that boy. I read the post about your new method of belt
> tightening -
> so i hope you post more about that when the time is right.
Apollo is a great contribution to the Poser community indeed. It has a
couple of weaknesses that I hope will be ironed out in the future, but there
is hardly an equivalent for real character building.
I found (I think) a better way for belts and such in Poser, which is
simply - when importing the belt object and setting its parent - to check
the "inherit bends of parent" at the bottom. Then you can proceed with
tightening it around the waist in - say - the first 10 frames of the
simulation, and only afterwards change the pose of the figure. You may have
to adjust the position of the belt during that phase however, as it may tend
to drift a bit uncontrollably. So, it remains a careful business to perform.

Thomas