POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : shiny shiny shiny : Re: shiny shiny shiny Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shiny shiny shiny
From: Alain
Date: 4 Dec 2007 08:52:39
Message: <47555ba7@news.povray.org>
sooperFoX nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/04 07:01:
> Thanks Bill, that is a very amazing shape. So amazing, in fact, that I just had
> to try it out myself. Being perhaps a little too eager I made it glass, and
> added photons, radiosity and a "grid"... ;)
>
> ....Unfortunately, I find out too late, I think it slightly intersects the ground
> plane. But it took about 2 and a half days to render in 2 threads on a
> dual-core 2.4ghz PC so I won't be reattempting this until just before I go away
> over Christmas. I would love to try it with an HDR background but I am not sure
> how to get photons set up to shoot from a background image.
>
> Anyway I thank you again -- I now have, at the very least, an interesting
> wallpaper for my desktop!
>

> sooperFoX

To have the object just tangent, #declare the knot and use:
plane{y min_extent.y [your_Pigment]}
There is no way that a HDR will shoot photons. You can use the lights dome
method. It replace the HDRI background with numerous lights. You could also
crank up the radiosity settings.

--
Alain
The last person that quit or was fired will be held responsible for  everything