POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Electronic organ - finish problem : Re: Electronic organ - finish problem Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronic organ - finish problem
From: Alain
Date: 3 Dec 2007 23:07:21
Message: <4754d279$1@news.povray.org>
Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/03 17:50:
> High!
>
> Each time I visit my parents, I work a little on a POV-Ray model of one
> of my currently four (!) electronic organs - a Dutch-made Eminent Solina
> P-240 from 1976, with my old AMD K-6-II computer sitting nearby, so I
> get the data obtained by slide caliper and measuring tape easily on screen.
>
> Attached here is what I got together since November 2005 (code posted in
> p.b.s-f.) - but I just can't get right the plastic finish of the volume
> pedal! The upper face of the pedal has a sawtooth-shaped profile, which
> should show up when illuminated from overhead - but regardless which
> values I choose for specular and roughness (or phong and phong_size), it
>  remains black without visible structure. What goes wrong here?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Just don't use black. Try Gray05, Gray10 and Gray15.
Nothing is realy "black" in real life, just very dark shades of gray, blues,
greens, reds and other colours.

--
Alain
Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind,