POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Electronic organ - finish problem : Re: Electronic organ - finish problem Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronic organ - finish problem
From: dlm
Date: 3 Dec 2007 21:10:28
Message: <4754b714@news.povray.org>

news:4754882c@news.povray.org...
> The upper face of the pedal has a sawtooth-shaped profile, which
> should show up when illuminated from overhead - but regardless which
> values I choose for specular and roughness (or phong and phong_size), it
>  remains black without visible structure. What goes wrong here?

What color are you using? #000000 pitch black gives you zero to work with. A
very dark grey (as noted by those who render wheels and tyres/tires) is
necessary to make the black work. Are you working with a 256 color palette
on your old machine for your render? That would also limit your options.
DLM