POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why don't you go home? WIP-01 [~170kB] : Re: Why don't you go home? WIP-01 [~170kB] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why don't you go home? WIP-01 [~170kB]
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 3 Dec 2007 21:06:47
Message: <4754b637@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:

> I'm a big fan of sci-fi myself. My favorite story is the Rama saga.
> Classic Clarke.
>
> Sam

I have mixed feelings about the Rama series.  I agree that the first
(Rendezvous) is classic Clarke, but to me, the remainder with his
collaboration with Gentry Lee went rapidly downhill.  Rama II was merely
disappointing, but the third book (Gardens) was boring and its
(non)ending was annoying.  I now have no interest in reading the fourth
(Revealed).

OTOH, I think my all-time favorite SF book is "Code of the Lifemaker" by
James P Hogan.  His Giants series is excellent also.  IMHO, all very
classic Clarkeish.    ;-)

      -=- Larry -=-