POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : win98se mingw povray : Re: win98se mingw povray Server Time
18 May 2024 22:00:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: win98se mingw povray
From: andrel
Date: 3 Dec 2007 13:11:47
Message: <475446E4.5030303@hotmail.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>>> Never mind, no problem.
>>>
>>>     Thorsten
>>>
>>> PS: Probably you know, but just to say it ... it isn't considered
>>> particularly good netiquette to email in response to newsgroup posts :-)
>> Why not? If there is something to say that is irrelevant to the whole
>> group I wouldn't see the problem. I actually received a number of
>> e-mails as response to some of my posts here over the years and in all
>> cases I could see why they weren't posted in the newsgroups. I am in
>> general glad they did mail me.
>> I know the converse rule viz. that you should not post a personal e-mail
>> in a newsgroup without permission from the sender, but I guess you
>> weren't referring to that one. ;)
>
> You misunderstood: The email is the _same_ as his post ;-)
>
> 	Thorsten
Ah, ok, I should have seen that. So the only bonus is that we now have
the headers so we can pin point his address a bit better? Illinois with
a provider in Atlanta? ;)

Anyway it leaves open the question why it would be against nettiquette
to post an e-mail in response to a newsgroup post. I never heard of that
rule.