POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Advent Calendar : Re: Advent Calendar Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advent Calendar
From: Thierry CHARLES
Date: 2 Dec 2007 17:24:14
Message: <4753308e@news.povray.org>

> Hello Thierry,
>
> The pictures are nice, but this is not an Advent Calendar.
>
> An Advent calendar is a special calendar used by some Christians to cou
nt the
> days of Advent.
>
> The calendar reminds us of the coming of Jesus as a baby...
>   and the Second Coming of Jesus as King.
>
> Advent - from the Latin word advenio,
>    meaning "to come", "the coming of Christ our saviour"
>
> Adventus is the Latin word for "coming"
>
> Leef_me

And why an advent calendar would necessarily be related to Christians
beliefs ?

My point of view is that christmas celebrations are a good opportunity
to regroup families and to take good time, whatever you believe in, and
that's what is coming up ! That leads me to say : this is an advent
calendar.

Thierry