POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : win98se mingw povray : Re: win98se mingw povray Server Time
5 May 2024 17:59:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: win98se mingw povray
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Dec 2007 02:48:07
Message: <47526337@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>> alphaQuad wrote:
>>> wouldnt it be great if one wanted to compile this and found complete info.
>>> my motivation is not finding such info it myself.
>> Well, you could just use an operating system still supported by its maker,
>> together with a compiler supported by the POV-Team to compile the Windows
>> version of POV-Ray ;-)
>>
>>  Thorsten
>
> Your posts continue to make me smile.
>
> I keep thinkin' Thirstin Howl III.
>
> Are you buyin'?

Not sure about this reference, seems to be hinting at Gilligan's Island -
anyway:

I guess you are trying to imply you either don't want to or can't spend the
money on a newer computer. Yet, you seem to have lots of time to spend on
this project (even though you say you don't want to), and at least some
basic knowledge to move along. -- I would suggest you could be a lot happier
using a current Linux distribution than an outdated Windows version...

	Thorsten