POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fonting in POV-Ray : Re: fonting in POV-Ray Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fonting in POV-Ray
From: Shay
Date: 1 Dec 2007 16:23:24
Message: <4751d0cc@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Shay wrote:
>
> Interesting.  It is with the squared off top to the A where I most
> notice the shift in 'feel'.

Unfortunately, that is unintended. Super-condensed fonts require a lot
of compromises. The original A doesn't have a straight line on it. It
does have a squared-off top (which is hard to see given the condition of
the decal), but mine looks more severe. The only way to get the top
looking like the original would be to shorten, widen, or "steepen" the A.

I have revisited it, however, and think that the attached A, though less
consistent with my other letters, does look a little better.

I like this logo a lot and might try to sneak it past the Zazzle censors
onto a t-shirt even if I never find a way to get it onto a decal.

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'softer_a.jpg' (16 KB)