POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fonting in POV-Ray : fonting in POV-Ray Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  fonting in POV-Ray
From: Shay
Date: 1 Dec 2007 13:43:17
Message: <4751ab45@news.povray.org>
Others who have done this might be interested in my results.

Remade an old decal for my bike. The 1970 original was, I suppose,
hand-drawn and pretty inconsistent. The strangest inconsistency in the
original is that some of the inside curves are rounded (L) and some are
not (N). I made them all square. Rounding at the intersection of two pen
strokes seems wrong to me. None of the original serifs (even within the
same letter) are consistent.

I addition to making it more consistent, I made some changes and created
a "better" spacing algorithm. Most noticeable changes are the C and O
which IMO did not previously have the same feel as the rest of the
letters. Went just a bit over to what I think of as a Deco style with
those two, but it works to my satisfaction. Got bolder with these
changes as I went along, but I still think I've captured the spirit of
the original.

Now to find someone with an ALPS printer (for a water-transfer decal).

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'logo_ab.jpg' (44 KB)