POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : texture interpolation... why rgb ? : Re: texture interpolation... why rgb ? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture interpolation... why rgb ?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Nov 2007 13:04:48
Message: <474eff40$1@news.povray.org>
Le 29.11.2007 17:14, scott nous fit lire :

> Actually, I just realised, you were probably thinking of the YUV signals
> used in TV, that are just linear combinations of RGB.
Yes, right.

> I'm talking about
> the CIE Yuv color space, revised in 1976 so that colours are spread
> equally in the uv plane.  See:

I give up on the evaluation of the spectrum... as for all CIELab,
L*a*b* and such... it's far too much complex and removed from my
skill with computer.
Converting formulaes which request the performance of integration is
a bit too much.

--
The superior man understands what is right;
the inferior man understands what will sell.