POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : texture interpolation... why rgb ? : Re: texture interpolation... why rgb ? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture interpolation... why rgb ?
From: scott
Date: 29 Nov 2007 11:14:44
Message: <474ee574$1@news.povray.org>
Oh I knocked up a quick program to interpolate between two colours in RGB
space and Yuv space.  In each pair, the top version is RGB, the lower
version is Yuv.

Actually, I just realised, you were probably thinking of the YUV signals
used in TV, that are just linear combinations of RGB.  I'm talking about the
CIE Yuv color space, revised in 1976 so that colours are spread equally in
the uv plane.  See:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/cie1976.html

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'interpolation comparison.png' (3 KB)

Preview of image 'interpolation comparison.png'
interpolation comparison.png