POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling POVRAY 3.5 using VC6.0 in Release Mode : Re: Compiling POVRAY 3.5 using VC6.0 in Release Mode Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling POVRAY 3.5 using VC6.0 in Release Mode
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 26 Nov 2007 12:39:22
Message: <474b04ca$1@news.povray.org>

> Get Visual C 7.1 or later and be done with it.

I have always compiled POV-Ray on Windows using MinGW GCC. No problems
at all.

Last time I tried Microsoft Visual Something, I took me long to even
figure out how to compile. And it failed anyway. And it changed two
dozen file associations without even asking. What's worse is that they
didn't get restored or at least deleted on uninstall, so all .c, .cpp,
etc files were trying to open with a program that didn't exist anymore.