POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Slime's povcomp tree on Hospital magazine : Re: Slime's povcomp tree on Hospital magazine Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slime's povcomp tree on Hospital magazine
From: M a r c
Date: 24 Nov 2007 10:49:27
Message: <47484807@news.povray.org>

4748435f@news.povray.org...
> Paolo Gibellini nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/23 11:55:
>> I apologize for the degree of civilization in some of my fellow-citizen:
>> in
>> reply to my mail they say that their opinion was that Internet images
>> were
>> freely available for all purposes. There is a lot of work to do on!
>> Anyway a lot of patients was (I think) delighted by seeing your trees...
>> ;-)
>> Paolo
>>

> Images on the internet are NOT freely available for all purpose. BUT, once
> anything hit the internet, it's very hard to enforce. You MUST ALWAYS
> assume that any image, any content in fact, is covered by a copyright. If
> there is a text that say: "Freely available for personal use.", it mean
> that you can set it as your wallpaper, or save it localy for your own
> personal, private use. You are NOT allowed to redistribute in ANY way or
> to use in any professional way. For ANY use that exeed private and
> personal, you shouls always consult with the author.
>
> --
> Alain
> You know you've been raytracing too long when you've tried rendering hair
> with each strand as an object.
> Quietly Watching

I had a similar problem last year (or the one before).
I was waching a morning talk program at national French tv ("Telematin" on
France2).
There was a short medical subject about chocolate and good molecules you can
find in.
I had a surprise when I saw an image of a chocolate tablet that I had seen
somewhere.
It was this one maked-up to hide the faces on the chocolate and the text on
the package. http://marc.jacquier.free.fr/tablette.htm
But the shape of the torn tinfoil was exactly the same and it could not be a
co-incidence as it is an intersection of a box and a height_field made from
an image I drew  myself.
As it is a mean image I didn't make any move but I considered complaining.

Marc