POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Slime's povcomp tree on Hospital magazine : Re: Slime's povcomp tree on Hospital magazine Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slime's povcomp tree on Hospital magazine
From: Alain
Date: 18 Nov 2007 11:27:27
Message: <474067ef$1@news.povray.org>
Warp nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/18 10:27:
> Alain wrote:
>> I don't think that it have a large circulation. It's a magazine
>> published by an hospital, and most of those are almost only distributed
>> to the personel and available to the patients when in the hospital.
>> Probably available in the waiting rooms.
>
>   Unless the image has been explicitly published with a permissive usage
> license, that's still technically copyright infringement.
I agree with you. But, that kind of magazine is rarely sold, so that greatly
limit the liability. Note that there are NO price apearing on that cover.
I would contact the hospital concerned and see what can be done. Possibility:
publish an apology for not having properly asked the permition to use the image,
to appears in the next edition. Maybe with some finantial compensation added,
but don't take that for granted.
The key is to be polite in the message.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when your source files are starting to