POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New Linux BETA? : Re: New Linux BETA? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Linux BETA?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 16 Nov 2007 14:48:43
Message: <473df41b$1@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron wrote:
> Just my 0.01... I have a display issue on my 64bit linux(gentoo/amd)
> which is solved by adding the -visual flag. (that happen with 3.6
> sources, home-compiled)
> Typical render window (when bogus) take a washout capture of the
> underluying screen where it opened, then pixel renderings if a bit
> difficult to see (still washed-out...).

   I don't know if this helps Nicolas, but it helped me! I had the same
problem with my own home-compiled binary. I got used to it, as it isn't very
distracting under WindowMaker (with gnome it has some transparency, making
it difficult to see the rendered lines as you say), but it's better to have
the default background... Thanks!

P.S.: You forgot to tell which visual_type you used... for me it works with
DirectColor.

--
Jaime