POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Errors in Spacular Reflection, Render Projection : Re: Errors in Spacular Reflection, Render Projection Server Time
27 Apr 2024 19:11:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Errors in Spacular Reflection, Render Projection
From: Warp
Date: 14 Nov 2007 14:06:25
Message: <473b4730@news.povray.org>
Wilfred <Wil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Historically there was a concern with the rays not including the full set of
> material and optical deviations throughout the entire path, along with some
> issues with processing speed that struck down quality of render for the ability
> to process it on a conventional machine.

> Now, however, this limitation is more of the problem than a gain, there are few
>  major problems in the rendering, and it is quite clean, but the lack of signal
> qualities on the optical trajectory blatantly eliminates accurate interference
> and surface qualities and generates huge blobs of visually convoluted and
> highly distasteful pixles...

  This assuming you don't mind that your render will take 5 days instead
of 5 minutes...

> This would solve a lot of the issues with pov's obsession with perfect
> crystals... I've never seen glass that has a perfect lense characteristic.

  That's a question of modelling, not so much a question of rendering.
The lenses are "perfect" because they have been modelled to be perfect.
If you want an imperfect lens, then create one.

  And if what you want is a noisy image, use the Gimp to add it.

--
                                                          - Warp