POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : False obstinance in linux installer? : Re: False obstinance in linux installer? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 12:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: False obstinance in linux installer?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 Nov 2007 09:24:56
Message: <4739b3b8$1@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> I guess I'm a little saddened that the suggestion is to do my own
> compilation.  I didn't have to do this for the Windows version or for my
> knoppix box.   Could there simply be a bug in ./install?

   In the MegaPOV install? No, the bug is almost certainly in the Debian
version of POV-Ray, which surely installs files on non-standard places...
that is, in places different than the official POV-Ray install. MegaPOV
relies on these standard/official places, and I cannot see how the install
script can cope with the infinite variations that packagers can do... :(

--
Jaime