POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Timeless Adventures Through Space 2 : Re: Timeless Adventures Through Space 2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Timeless Adventures Through Space 2
From: Allen Dotson
Date: 11 Nov 2007 23:06:45
Message: <4737d155@news.povray.org>
>     Heh, 'bump'?  ;)  That's the first bump I've seen in here!  :)
>
>    I really like this image, but I don't think the wood texture is quite
> right yet - it think it needs a rotation on either the top or bottom discs
> of wood, and maybe scaling the texture down some more might help (top and
> bottom both needing different scaling). The pillars look good to me, but
> again, they need some variation.
>
>     Also, as it's a timing device, I'd like to see it with some sand flowing
> through. (?)
>
>      Good work.
>

>        ~Steve~

Yeah, the bumps don't work too well... in moving the thread... but at
least it got noticed :)

Alright, I'll work on the wood... it seems to be the most difficult part
to get right.  But that will just take some time to tweak... I'm working
on another image right now, so I'll come back to that in a few hours or
a day.

Well, there's a long story on the IRTC Opposites about why there isn't
sand.  Since space is infinite, and the opposite is finite... I wanted
to put a timekeeper without its finite measurements... and I couldn't
make the sand at the time, lol.  I think I'll make another version with
some sand... that comes after the wood though.

Thanks Steve!

Regards,
Allen