POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skies (3 of n) : Re: Skies (3 of n) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skies (3 of n)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Nov 2007 03:10:14
Message: <4732c466$1@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> schreef in bericht

> I searched for Abe Madey on the web and found this site:
> http://www.fairpoint.net/~bullfrog/sky/index.html
>
> I do not use the same technique. All is volumetric and media (atmosphere &
> clouds). The lighting is done only with media behaviour: Rayleigh (type 4)
> for
> atmosphere, Mie (type 3, sometimes 2) & absorption for cloud layers. I use
> few parameters that are a bit delicate to tweak, but I obtain those
> results
> with a little perseverence and patience. The renders can be quite long,
> depending on the quality I want and on the sun elevation (the lower the
> longer,
> due to adaptive method). My skies also cast shadows on the ground.
>
> Tweaking for high elevations is easy and the results are quite good and
> fast. I
> am mainly experimenting sunsets, with all the variety of colors they
> produce in
> real life, including negative elevations for the sun (below the horizon).
> I want
> acceptable behaviour at low elevations and near the horizon. In CG, beauty
> has a
> price....
>
> Once I get good results, I plan to render with a hemispherical camera in
> order
> to map the resulting image on the sphere, provided no shadows are
> necessary for
> the given scenes. Maybe there is a technique for that.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, Thomas.

I was thinking about these:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.44f8fbd1d1fee11a506816740@news.povray.org%3E/
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4446b51a716c65e7b3cf832f0@news.povray.org%3E/