POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Is this the right group to discuss details of an object in the collection? : Re: Is this the right group to discuss details of an object in the collection? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:53:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this the right group to discuss details of an object in the collection?
From: Chris B
Date: 7 Nov 2007 04:37:37
Message: <47318761$1@news.povray.org>
"Leef_me" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4730e948c70624052a7b15450@news.povray.org...
> Is this the right group to discuss details of an object in the collection?

Yes, it's absolutely fine to discuss it here.

> If so,
> I wanted to discuss how to improve, or add another scroll object.
> I am referring to   Scroll    Version: chrisb 1.0

When submitting another object you have the choice of adding a new object or
superceding an existing one.

If your object does most or all of what the existing one does, plus other
stuff that the existing one doesn't (e.g. options for adding text or
pictures) then choose the 'Existing' option in the first pull-down on the
submissions screen and use the name 'Scroll'.
Your object will then be displayed in the search screen. The person
searching for objects will see a pull-down list of versions and will have
the option of switching to an older version, but the most recent will be
displayed by default.

If the existing object can be used in ways that your new object can't then
you should pick a different name, so that both come up when someone does a
search.

> It is not built along an axis and is therefore not easy to place and
> to orient it. Also, I would like to use it as a scroll, with text (or
> pictures)
> but am having poor results with text.
>
> I was rewriting it to use some conventions that would allow several
> parameters
> but my goal of having text was lost when the straight portion is smooth.

I didn't quite understand the last bit of that last sentence.

> Leef_me

Regards,
Chris B.