POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Full area lighting in next beta : Re: Full area lighting in next beta Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Full area lighting in next beta
From: Warp
Date: 6 Nov 2007 17:17:18
Message: <4730e7ed@news.povray.org>
Trevor G Quayle <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I like the way you've shown it.  Would it not be cleaner to do it direectly with
> out the dummy pigment?
> #declare R = max_extent(jpg "MyImage");

> I think this would be more inuitive.  Or is this more difficult to implement?

  I would have to implement a "read only the header of a given image file,
but not the image itself", which would be rather laborious. Reading the
entire image file (and then just dropping it) would be a waste. Could as
well just do that into a pigment identifier.

  Besides, I don't think your suggestion is more intuitive. In fact, quite
counter-intuitive because it makes a function act nothing like other similar
functions.

--
                                                          - Warp