POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Full area lighting in next beta : Re: Full area lighting in next beta Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Full area lighting in next beta
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 5 Nov 2007 16:45:23
Message: <472f8ef3$1@news.povray.org>

472f7e8a@news.povray.org...
>> Now if you could also add feature XYZ as well... ;-)
>
>  If it's not something which will require me to work for a week
> 10 hours a day, or something which will require a rewrite of the
> parser, I'mlistening.

A very useful feature that goes hand in hand with full area lights is color
mapping aka tone mapping aka exposure control. There's already some code for
it in Megapov. Basically one needs 3 modes : linear, exponential and HSV
(plus gamma correction and some others).
http://www.vray.us/vray_documentation/vray_color_mapping_examples.shtml
This is for Vray but it's standard in other renderers. The examples above
are not very impressive, but HSV color mapping, particularly, is a must have
for interior scenes.

G.