POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : image : Re: image Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image
From: Alain
Date: 5 Nov 2007 09:58:35
Message: <472f2f9b$1@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/04 17:48:
> Jan Dvorak <jan### [at] centrumcz> wrote:
>> three layers:
>> moon (prerendered)
>> occlusion (probably grouped with the moon)
>> sky (transparent)
>> or:
>> moon (sphere)
>> an actual atmosphere (not as slow as you might think)
>>
>> the first variant is probably easier to do.
>

> pre-rendered? that draws a blank.
Pre-render:
Render the complete moon only lighted from the side with alpha chanel on: +ua.
Then use the result in the final render.
This ensure that the dark side of your moon won't let you see the stars behind it.

> it seems the right way, is to do the moon as seen here,
> only with a cloud atmosphere between it and camera.
>
> need more info on:
> sky (transparent)
> pre-rendered
>

> I was able to remember vicky's hair and did this.
>
> #declare p_map1=pigment {image_map{jpeg "moon" interpolate 2 transmit all 0
> filter all 0} }
> #declare p_map2=pigment {image_map{png "moontr" interpolate 2 }}
>
> #declare halfmoon = texture{ pigment{ p_map1} }
>
> #declare half_moon =  material {
> texture { pigment_pattern{ p_map2}
> texture_map { [ 0 pigment{Clear} ]
>              [  1 halfmoon       ]
>            }
>      }

You used a sky_sphere, so the moon is before your "clouds".
You should use a large, filtering or transmiting sphere for your sky. Then place
your moon outside of it. Set the background to some gray or bluish gray.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you look at a matrix transform and