POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nissan NSX : Re: Nissan NSX Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nissan NSX
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Nov 2007 04:12:12
Message: <472d8cec@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   How to improve the lighting?

It's very good as it is now, but from my recent experiments modeling and
rendering cars, I think you have 3 problems:

   + The studio-like setup you have there is very difficult to get right,
mainly due to the lack of reflections and also because the lights on those
setups are not usually easy to deduce. I would expect less defined spots and
much softer shadows on a commercial ad/display for a car.

   + Is there radiosity? If it is there, it looks somewhat flat...

   + Some finishes doesn't look right, like the chrome inside the front
lights which is too gray, or the black plastic, which is too dull. The paint
looks also like too specular: it would be better to use more reflection and
a bright object on the lights "looks_like" to show into the reflections.

--
Jaime