POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bird's feather : Re: bird's feather Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bird's feather
From: Charles C
Date: 2 Nov 2007 23:43:54
Message: <472bfc8a@news.povray.org>
mmuylle wrote:
> I am looking for some advice on a realistic rendering of a static bird's feather
> notably the kind of feathers used as drawing pens. thanks in advance for any
> help. marc

Wow.  Just the other day I was at work and felt the urge to model just
such a feather.  Unfortunately by that evening I'd forgotten about it
and/or was very tired.  Anyway I bet it would be somewhat straight
forward to create a mesh version of the finest elements and repeat them
in the appropriate tree/feather shape.  A little more complicated if you
want it to blend from fuzzy tufts near the root to the smoother part.
Hmm.  You've got me thinking now. :-)
Charles