POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bird's feather : Re: bird's feather Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bird's feather
From: Alain
Date: 2 Nov 2007 22:03:31
Message: <472be503$1@news.povray.org>
mmuylle nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/02 21:04:
> I am looking for some advice on a realistic rendering of a static bird's feather
> notably the kind of feathers used as drawing pens. thanks in advance for any
> help. marc

The easy way would be to scan one, or get an image of one. In an image
manipulation programm, set the background as transparent usingan alpha channel.
Use a polygon and map that image on it.
You should also create a bump map from the image and use it as a normal pattern
to give the feather some relief.

Another way would be to use the gray level bump image as a height_field and use
the colour version as pigment.

--
Alain
Did you know that SATAN is an anagram for SANTA?