POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flares Plugin : Re: Flares Plugin Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flares Plugin
From: dlm
Date: 2 Nov 2007 12:33:10
Message: <472b5f56$2@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote in message
> but anyway! does it look believable?

Believable?
What do you want me to believe? That you were using a camera with multiple
imperfect lens elements and a six section aperture ring? You succeeded. I
assume that the trails intersect the 'look at' axis.

I would expect in a simulation of a photograph that the contrast would drop
dramatically as the imperfections and internal reflections that cause lens
flare would also produce diffuse glare on the film.

Can you simulate the optics of modern, cheap fixed focus cameras (circular
apperture, fewer, dirtier lens elements) and so forth?

Nice work. Keep it up.

DLM