POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : In search of a good editor : Re: In search of a good editor Server Time
26 Jun 2024 00:48:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In search of a good editor
From: Shay
Date: 31 Oct 2007 08:04:17
Message: <47287d51$1@news.povray.org>
This is an old thread, but I kept seeing it when I would refresh this
group, so I figured I'd read it.

>  > One central thing is that Unix users tend to insist using the same
>  > editor for most editing tasks.

> Philippe Debar wrote:
> It is a tendency and not rule, isn't it? I know some hardcore unix guru
> will use the same editor for everything :

I wonder if that tendency did not develop as a result of not having a
proper "clipboard" for some time. Whatever the reason, this tendency has
contributed to the survival of interface paradigms which thrive despite
rejection by the majority - or merely plurality. Try one of these[1] and
you might find you like it even more than the Win-Pov editor.

  -Shay

[1] If you haven't after all of these months.