POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1) : Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 4) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 4)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Oct 2007 05:00:27
Message: <47205b2b@news.povray.org>
This is an ugly image. Never mind. There are a couple of puzzling features.

I used here Janet's hair maps, uv-scaled x500 along u, and on fairly wide
ribbons (default Poseray values). Other values might give better results of
course.

Puzzling feature 1: The background shines through the figure! Not only the
hair but also the underlying skin. I had noticed this in a much earlier
experiment but forgot about it.

Puzzling feature 2: the transparency at the hair tips casts shadows on the
underlying skin.

Additional comment: I am still not sure about the usefulness of the ribbon
roots. They are detached from the hair proper. Why not grow the hair
directly from the line origin?

Rendered with POV-Ray 3.7 on dual core machine. Render took about 25
minutes. No radiosity.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: