POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1) : Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 3) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 3)
From: Alain
Date: 24 Oct 2007 12:09:47
Message: <471f6e4b@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/24 07:12:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> As you said earlier, radiosity is a real issue. Imagine you have a
>> scene with a dozen figures with nice hairdoes. It will take weeks to
>> render!
>
>   Well, perhaps saving rad without the hair and then loading it with
> hair will work...
>
> --
> Jaime
It's a possibility.
Another one, more realist, would be to use some simplified mockup hairs without
transparancy, but with the same overall colouration. Something like some whide
ribons or tubes.
Do the setup without the hairs. Then add the mockup hairs and collect the
radiosity data. Lastly, do the final render with loaded radiosity data and
quality hairs.

--
Alain
   A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I Went over.