POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1) : Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 3) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 3)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Oct 2007 09:45:55
Message: <471f4c93@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht

> Yes, weeks! ...faint...
> Here's an image that uses the maps I posted. It took a while to render
> with
> just one light source, no radiosity, max_trace_level 40.
> Average was 90 pps, and took about an hour.

Yes that looks already good! We still have some work to do to get the
transition with the scalp right and maybe the hair tips. To the left, they
look strange.
As an approximate indication: Without radiosity, my model renders fairly
fast, about 20-25 minutes. Faster even with version 3.7 of course. With
radiosity, I cancelled the render after about 3 hours and half the
hair/beard done.

Thomas