POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1) : Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 2) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:10:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 2)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Oct 2007 05:04:05
Message: <471c6785$1@news.povray.org>
Here is an update.

Following the suggestions of Yadgar and Janet, I changed the dynamic
settings in Poser. I made hair longer and it falls more naturally now,
especially as I checked on the collision detection. I used a coarser mesh
for the beardcap and, indeed as I suspected, the beard is sparser (with the
same hair settings). I made it stiffer than the hair too. For both, I used a
simple gradient y texture, uv mapped cylindrically along y in Poseray.

Comment 1: there is an issue with the root to hair transition. I probably
have to play with the pull down and the root stiffness settings...

Comment 2: I deliberately used a fairly wide ribbon setting. I would like to
see if I can get an image_map uv mapped on them...

Thomas