POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1) : Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser's dynamic hair in POV-Ray (WIP 1)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Oct 2007 02:57:17
Message: <471c49cd$1@news.povray.org>
"FlyerX" <fly### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht
> Nice test.
Thank you :-)

> The ribbons are the closest thing I could use to lines in POV-Ray unless
> there is a line primitive that I am unaware of. I hardly use the ribbons
> myself because Poser dynamic hair is rather useless. In fact I am working
> on modifying this feature to create tubes (with 3 sides and up) for each
> line. I think less hair lines with larger texture areas may look better
> than a very dense set of thin ribbons. The ribbons just do not look good
> when they are too wide. They tend to twist too much.

I agree. The idea to use tubes might indeed be a much better solution than
the ribbons. Looking forward to that!
Yes, less hair and larger texture areas are what I am favoring too. The
problem then is how to texture that correctly. I think uv mapping would be
necessary in Poseray, but I have not yet found out what type of mapping
would work best. Using the ribbons, I shall experiment further along that
line.

Thomas